Carlson Capital Management is not structured like a traditional CPA firm. Our tax professionals work collaboratively with colleagues of varied expertise, within a defined range of core hours. While increases in workload will naturally occur during peak tax seasons, our tax professionals experience a more balanced, proactive work environment.
Tax Professional – Rochester, MN
Official title and reward package will be commensurate with the relevant experience and professional profile of the qualified candidate
Job Description and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will primarily include assisting in the integrated tax management of a defined segment of our client base. Activities related to these relationships includes an integrated awareness of each client’s unique investment, estate, financial, tax, insurance and philanthropic needs.
- As an individual contributor, has responsibility for the preparation, review and completion of individual and trust tax returns and tax projections. May also be asked to participate in a client-facing capacity during meetings.
- In collaboration with senior colleagues, serves as a tax resource for the firm’s client base. Provides client service both individually and collaboratively, and may rely on technical specialists from multiple functional areas to develop customized recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax related research and data gathering is complete, and presentation materials are prepared in a timely fashion for clients and prospects.
- Works within a defined system where client contact is made on a scheduled, proactive basis. Assists in managing client contacts, preparing agendas, organizing plans, anticipating and scheduling tax related meetings, and providing appropriate follow-up.
- Monitors and reviews client quarterly tax estimates.
- Intellectually grasp through discussion, conversation, reading, implementation and monitoring the benefits to the client of an integrated tax management platform.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA designation required, major in accounting or finance preferred
- 3 to 8 years of experience in individual and trust tax services is required.
- Proven advanced proficiency in MS Office products is required
- Proficiency with tax and financial related software solutions is required