Carlson Capital Management is not structured like a traditional CPA firm. Our tax professionals work collaboratively with colleagues of varied expertise, within a defined range of core hours. While increases in workload will naturally occur during peak tax seasons, our tax professionals experience a more balanced, proactive work environment.
Tax Senior – Rochester, MN
Job Description and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will primarily include assisting in the integrated tax management of a defined segment of our client base. Activities related to these relationships includes an integrated awareness of each client’s unique investment, estate, financial, tax, insurance and philanthropic needs.
- As an individual contributor, has responsibility for the preparation, review and completion of individual and trust tax returns and tax projections. May also be asked to participate in a client-facing capacity during meetings.
- In collaboration with senior colleagues, serves as a tax resource for the firm’s client base. Provides client service both individually and collaboratively, and may rely on technical specialists from multiple functional areas to develop customized recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax related research and data gathering is complete, and presentation materials are prepared in a timely fashion for clients and prospects.
- Works within a defined system where client contact is made on a scheduled, proactive basis. Assists in managing client contacts, preparing agendas, organizing plans, anticipating and scheduling tax related meetings, and providing appropriate follow-up.
- Monitors and reviews client quarterly tax estimates.
- Intellectually grasp through discussion, conversation, reading, implementation and monitoring the benefits to the client of an integrated tax management platform.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA designation required. Major in accounting or finance desired.
- 3+ years of experience in individual and trust tax services is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office products is required.
- Proficiency with tax and financial related software solutions is required.