Under the umbrella of CCM Institutional Client Services, CCM provides 401(k) Retirement Plan Services to companies of all sizes and addresses the five key areas that are critical to success for plan sponsors and plan participants. Our objective is to establish long-term relationships with our business clients, partnering with them to build successful retirement plans that can be measured both qualitatively and quantitatively.
The Optimal 401(k) Plan: Sponsor Services
Competitive Plan Design
Is your plan designed to attract, retain and reward employees, provide maximum tax benefits and align employer contributions with your goals? We want to know and understand the needs of owners/employers and incorporate those needs into the comprehensive design of the plan.
- A plan that maximizes contributions for owners, employees or both
- Choice of employer contributions that may be required, matching or discretionary
- Understanding and selecting eligibility, entry date and vesting provisions
- Plan testing provisions that leverage employer contributions
Successful Participant Outcomes
As an employer, are you providing the right tools and process to ensure participants will have the best possible chance for a financially successful retirement? We want to provide you and your employees with a greater chance for financial success in retirement by delivering the right education at the right time.
- Strong focus on participant service
- Effective and targeted participant education
- On-going participant education
- Comprehensive participant rate and asset allocation adequacy analysis
Sound Fiduciary Practices
How are you managing the standards of care and fiduciary risk that you assume as a plan sponsor? Our Fiduciary Fitness Process helps you effectively manage your fiduciary responsibilities while reducing your overall level of liability.
- CEFEX certified fiduciary management process
- Documentation and storage of fiduciary processes
- Development, maintenance and execution of an appropriate Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Provide both 3(21) and 3(38) fiduciary platforms
Effective Investment Program
Do your plan’s investments offer the best possible outcomes within a competitive fee structure? Your optimal plan includes a full spectrum of investment options that can be tailored to a participant’s needs, while also having a disciplined investment strategy for those seeking broadly diversified, risk-adjusted portfolios.
- Low-cost mutual funds
- Transparent fee structure
- Full non-proprietary open architecture platform
- Broadly diversified investment menus
- Quarterly rebalanced turn-key model portfolios
How can you be sure your plan is competitive with other employer offerings? Are you paying more and getting less? Your plan needs to be competitive both in total cost structure and in the performance of the underlying investment choices.
- Benchmarking of record-keeping, investment management and plan compliance services
- Independent investment scorecarding system that shows historical performance versus peers
- More than 450 data points benchmarked against over 90 industry providers
Efficient Operations and Compliance
Relatively few people would argue about the benefit of getting annual checkups to ensure good health. Much like a physical, plan sponsors should review their retirement plan annually to check for common operational failures. CCM Institutional Client Services can assist you in conducting an annual assessment of plan compliance.
Some of the questions you should be asking include:
- Has the plan document been updated within the past few years?
- Has the plan identified all eligible employees?
- Have participants received their contributions as specified in the plan?
- Has the plan deposited contributions in the respective employees’ accounts on a timely basis?
- Are the plan’s elective deferrals limited to amounts allowable under the Internal Revenue Code?
Do your employees know if they are on track for a successful retirement? Are they invested appropriately or have they defaulted into an investment that is not appropriate for their specific needs? We are diligent in ensuring we measure and report on the things that are not only meaningful to you as a plan sponsor, but the things that help to ensure overall plan success.
- What percentage of your employees are participating in the plan?
- What is the savings rate of participants?
- Will your employees have enough saved in order to retire when they want?
- Are your employees satisfied with the plan?
The Optimal 401(k) Plan: Participant Services
We are deeply committed to the success of plan participants. Our goal is to educate participants and provide them with the tools and resources to give them the best chance for a successful retirement.