Integrated Wealth Management for Professionals in Higher Education
Partner with a CCM advisory team who integrate extensive knowledge of university retirement programs with customized consultation on investment, tax and estate planning.
At Carlson Capital Management, we have been proud to partner with college and university professionals for more than thirty years. In fact, some of our first clients were college faculty members, and now, clients from the academic community represent one of our largest concentrations of clients. This has given us the opportunity to work with clients whose situations are similar to yours, advising on hundreds of solutions specific to their financial needs and life events, with the goal of helping them to use their wealth to accomplish what is most important to them in life.
Coordination and cross utilization between:
Coordination & consolidated reporting of your university programs, outside investments & spousal holdings.
University Benefit Plans
Expertise navigating your:
- Defined Contribution Plans
- TDA Plans
- Matched Savings Plans
- FRP (Faculty Retirement Plan)
- ORP (Optional Retirement Plan)
Expertise navigating your:
- Tax saving techniques
- Tax return preparation
- Tax sheltering & distribution planning with University Benefit Plans
Retirement Income Options
Objective advice and implementation structuring a retirement income stream. Seamless integration of the following:
- Social Security
- RMD (Required Minimum Distributions)
- TIAA payout methods & restrictions
- Estate & income tax elimination or minimization
- Customized estate plan design
- Designating beneficiaries
- Will & Trust Analysis
- Gifting strategies
- Strategic gifting to Universities
- Charitable Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Donor Advised Funds
Most clients come to Carlson Capital Management because they don’t have the time, desire or specific knowledge to effectively integrate their own investment, retirement, tax, estate, insurance and philanthropic plans. Further, now more than ever, in today’s ever-changing and challenging economic climate, people are seeking the kind of truth, transparency and integrity they can count on from an independent, fiduciary advisor. Navigating the numerous options presented to you as a member of the academic community can be a challenge. We understand those challenges well. Our approach takes you through a consultative process that results in a custom financial plan designed specifically for you and your family. We implement and monitor your plan closely to help ensure that you can reach your long term goals.
How we can help
- Our team at Carlson Capital Management has a depth of knowledge about the retirement plan offerings of organizations like TIAA-CREF, Fidelity, Vanguard and Securian. We can work seamlessly with your existing plan so you don’t have to transfer your accounts to a new custodian.
- Our disciplined investment approach is rooted firmly in sound academic research.
- We have significant experience and expertise with college retirement plans and university benefits programs. We know how to optimize those plans and integrate them into the larger picture of your financial plan.
- Our clients have access to professionals within our firm holding professional designations such as CFP®, CPA, and CFA who can consult on your situation and provide advice unique to your situation.
- We provide the personal contact you deserve. All of our clients have a primary advisor at the firm. The foundation of our firm is built upon those relationships.
- We are an independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm. Our structure is fee-based and ensures objectivity and integrity.
- Our tax-efficient strategies are proactive. Careful consideration and individual attention is given to each client’s portfolio in order to maximize after-tax returns.
- We develop customized portfolios for each client– considering their specific retirement plan options, outside investment accounts, spousal assets and social security pensions.
- Our team of colleagues have personal experience with and hold degrees from many of the institutions at which our clients teach and work (e.g. St. Olaf College, Carleton College, University of St. Thomas, Augsburg College, College of St. Benedict, Bethel University to name a few.)
Our experience serving academics is personally fulfilling work because we have seen how in working together, we can make sure that a comprehensive plan is implemented and monitored to help you accomplish what is most important to you in life. That’s why we are here.
Please contact us for a complimentary discovery meeting,
or for a second opinion on your current financial plan.