Investment Operations Specialist
As part of the Investment Team, this role provides data management, client reporting, and trading support to the Investment Operations Manager, Chief Investment Officer, and support functions of the firm.
- Acquires and maintains the competency to process firm’s daily reconciliation of transaction activity. Regularly observes systems for best improvement processes and best practice improvements. Helps to identify tasks that could be improved, more fully automated or streamlined.
- Supports the reconciliation of all outside accounts. Works with advisory team to ensure account accuracy and login availability. Serve as resource during annual custody audit, both internal and with external auditors.
- Supports the overall execution of client reporting and billing. Includes posting any necessary manual entries to client portfolios. Runs quarterly reports and billing statements for all clients and prepares for assembly. Reviews all quarterly reports and billing statements and is responsible for quality assurance. Researches any discrepancies on reports and provides updates. Documents and executes on special reporting requests. Works closely with administrative team to ensure timely delivery.
- Assists in managing all firm data integrity. Works across teams to monitor data input and output. Runs regular audit reports and assists with data clean-up as appropriate.
- Serves as resource for all colleagues for fulfillment of data and report requests, including tax-related reports. Establishes and communicates reasonable parameters for completion and provides data in a timely manner. Audits data for accuracy.
- Compiles cost basis calculations and related activities, and enters into portfolio software.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in mathematics, economics, finance or a related field.
- Experience in financial services, master’s degree, or progress towards CFA designation, strongly preferred
- Must have proven attention to detail and strong, highly developed analytical skills.
- Viable candidates will exhibit a high degree of comfort and user ability with multiple software packages. Advanced level understanding of Excel a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to prioritize, self-manage and proactively solve problems.