Investment Operations & Trading Specialist
As part of the Investment Team, this role provides data management, client reporting, trading, and investment research support to the Director of Investments & Research and support functions of the firm.
- Acquires and maintains the competency to process firm’s daily reconciliation of transaction activity. Regularly observes systems for best improvement processes and best practice improvements. Helps to identify tasks that could be improved, more fully automated or streamlined.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all outside accounts. Works with advisory team to ensure account accuracy and login availability. Serve as lead resource during annual custody audit, both internal and with external auditors.
- Responsible for overall execution of client reporting and billing. Includes posting any necessary manual entries to client portfolios. Runs quarterly reports and billing statements for all clients and prepares for assembly. Reviews all quarterly reports and billing statements and is responsible for quality assurance. Researches any discrepancies on reports and provides updates. Documents and executes on special reporting requests. Works closely with administrative team to ensure timely delivery.
- Assists in managing all firm data integrity. Works across teams to monitor data input and output. Runs regular audit reports and assists with data clean-up as appropriate.
- Serves as primary contact for all colleagues for fulfillment of data and report requests, including tax-related reports. Establishes and communicates reasonable parameters for completion and provides data in a timely manner. Audits data for accuracy.
- Regularly monitors and reviews client portfolios to maintain balance across asset classes.
- Makes portfolio recommendations when out of tolerance with models or as necessary to accommodate inflows/outflows. Activity specifically includes reviewing daily cash positions, margin activity, new cash flow activity (inbound or outbound), and engaging in a regular portfolio review process.
- Places trades through a custodial trading platform, under the direction of the Director of Investment. Regularly audits/reviews trades for accuracy and cost basis implications.
- Compiles cost basis calculations and related activities, and enters into portfolio software.
- Works closely with Advisors and Paraplanners to provide in-depth investment analysis of prospective client portfolios.
- Assists with portfolio research to refine and focus portfolio construction and implementation.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of investment related content and presentations. Regularly provides colleagues and clients with research and investment related topics.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in mathematics, economics, finance or a related field.
- Experience in financial services, master’s degree, or progress towards CFA designation, strongly preferred.
- Must have proven attention to detail and strong, highly developed analytical skills.
- Viable candidates will exhibit a high degree of comfort and user ability with multiple software packages. Advanced level understanding of Excel a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to prioritize, self-manage and proactively solve problems.
- The preferred location of this role will be in our Northfield, MN office.