Investment Trading Specialist
As part of the Investment Team, this role provides trading, data management, client reporting, and investment research support to the Chief Investment Officer and support functions of the firm.
- Regularly monitors and reviews client portfolios to maintain balance across asset classes.
- Makes portfolio recommendations when out of tolerance with models or as necessary to accommodate inflows/outflows. Activity specifically includes reviewing daily cash positions, margin activity, new cash flow activity (inbound or outbound), and engaging in a regular portfolio review process.
- Places trades through a custodial trading platform, under the direction of the Chief Investment Officer. Regularly audits/reviews trades for accuracy and cost basis implications.
- Compiles cost basis calculations and related activities, and enters into portfolio software.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all outside accounts. Works with advisory team to ensure account accuracy and login availability. Serve as lead resource during annual custody audit, both internal and with external auditors.
- Assists in the execution of client reporting and billing. Includes posting any necessary manual entries to client portfolios.
- Assists in managing all firm data integrity. Works across teams to monitor data input and output. Runs regular audit reports and assists with data clean-up as appropriate.
- Works closely with Advisors and Paraplanners to provide in-depth investment analysis of prospective client portfolios.
- Assists with portfolio research to refine and focus portfolio construction and implementation.
- Regularly observes systems for best improvement processes and best practice improvements. Helps to identify tasks that could be improved, more fully automated or streamlined.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in mathematics, economics, finance or a related field.
- Experience in financial services, master’s degree, or progress towards CFA designation, strongly preferred.
- Must have proven attention to detail and strong, highly developed analytical skills.
- Viable candidates will exhibit a high degree of comfort and user ability with multiple software packages. Advanced level understanding of Excel a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to prioritize, self-manage and proactively solve problems.
- The preferred location of this role will be in either of our Bloomington or Northfield offices.