Senior Integrated Wealth Advisor – Hastings
As the senior colleague of the advisory team, the Senior Integrated Wealth Advisor collaborates with Principals and key subject matter experts to provide a community of clients and their families with fully integrated wealth management solutions, wrapped in an environment of care. Senior Integrated Wealth Advisors have significant and meaningful interactions with our clients, and are responsible for leading all activities associated with client care. This includes coordinating investment management, estate, tax, insurance, retirement and philanthropic planning.
- Directly accountable for the full end-to-end client experience and serves as a primary point of contact for a pre-defined segment of the firm’s client base. Responsible for leading all aspects of client plan presentations and other client-related interactions.
- Provides work direction to and is directly accountable for the colleague experience and performance management of one or more junior members of the advisory team. This role regularly and actively encourages the ongoing learning and development of advisory colleagues.
- Sets the example of exceptional business development performance for the firm. A minimum profile and volume of client relationships and billable assets must be established and maintained, as defined by senior leadership. This includes a proven track record of identifying and capturing new billing opportunities with existing clients.
- Serves as the highest example of integrated wealth management. This role has proven, deep experience in all complexities of managing a client relationship and with all profiles of client relationships.
- Responsible for deepening technical and functional expertise to a level of mastery, up to and including specialization in a manner aligned with personal strengths and areas of particular passion (i.e. estate planning, divorce, Mayo administration).
- Serves as primary agent of community outreach and organization. This role regularly collaborates with Marketing and Communications to uncover and capitalize upon opportunities to regularly network, facilitate events, establish key and influential memberships, impart and channel the CCM brand, and broaden the reach of the Circle of Care.
- All functions, responsibilities and expectations included within the role of Integrated Wealth Advisor are also assumed within this description and include the following:
- Serves as a primary point of contact for a pre-defined segment of the firm’s client base. Provides a comprehensive environment of care to our clients and their families, both individually and collaboratively.
- A deep commitment to providing for the complete wealth related needs of our clients, including investment reviews, retirement modeling, risk management/insurance analysis, educational modeling, reviews of estate plan documents (with assistance), reviews of tax situation and other applicable financial planning topics. Collaborates with colleagues to collect and analyze data.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of client plan presentations, including ensuring that all research and data gathering is meaningful and complete, and presentation materials are prepared in a timely fashion. Tailors and delivers specified components of comprehensive financial plans.
- Collaborates with key subject matter experts to creatively deliver implementation schedules and outcomes.
- Contributes within an established framework in which client care and connections are made on a scheduled, proactive basis. Assists senior leaders in organizing client contacts, preparing agendas, developing plans, anticipating and scheduling client review meetings, and providing appropriate follow-up.
- Participates in the portfolio review/monitoring process and works in collaboration with investment team to manage cash flow, tax issues, etc. associated with client portfolios.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CFP® certification is required (advanced CFP coursework combined with relevant experience may be considered).
- A demonstrated ability to foster and maintain deep, long-term, respectful and productive relationships with clients and colleagues.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience, in financial services and caring for client relationships, preferably within an RIA environment.
- Experience working with and providing support to diverse segments of the client marketplace, including engagement in associations, and personally attended groups and client related events.
- Proven track record in identifying, reaching and working with specific client niches examples include: professional women, women in transition, emerging wealth circles.
- Fluency, comfort and expertise in a range of the life stages and first-hand experiences of populations within CCM’s core client profiles.
- Strong demonstrable technical capabilities in “soloing” the various areas of an integrated planning platform preferred, including proven experience with client relationship management (CRM) software and MS Office solutions as well as functional software programs applicable to an integrated wealth platform.
Additional senior level expectations include and may not be limited to:
- Supports, encourages, and proactively leverages other silos for the sustainability of the firm
- Demonstrates the fullest expression of the firm’s values inside and outside the walls of the firm
- Represents the best of CCM within and beyond our client/prospect communities
- An enthusiastic advocate for the firm’s vision and engages all stakeholders in advancing the mission of CCM
- Sets the example of loyalty and commitment to our clients, colleagues and the firm
- Consistently demonstrates the highest levels of engagement within the firm
- Fluent in the CCM circle of Care
- Establishes and maintains a credible voice within the firm through
- Experience (length of time/economic cycles)
- Leading through the example of consistent high performance and living the CCM Way
- Measured approach to conflict and ability to navigate challenging situations
- Consistently offers solutions to problems, not merely and identifier “of” our challenges
- Independently engages in ongoing personal development
- Strives to be self-aware and to maintain a deep understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses
- Works as an effective member of the team to mitigate personal weaknesses through the building of strong partnerships with colleagues
- Works to continuously improve communication effectiveness via voice, email, presentation and public speaking
- Works to understand the interrelationship among advisory teams, colleagues, and between the firm and communities in which we do business
- Strives to develop and maintain strong, long-term relationships
Functional and Colleague Management
- Actively engages in the full operational ownership of assigned advisory team
- Responsible for all day to day operations of assigned advisory team
- Expected to provide ongoing work direction, performance management and support to more junior advisors
- Administration of and adherence to assigned/established processes, budgets, and policies
- Empowered to recommend thoughtful, well vetted changes that are consistent with CCM’s operating and strategic plans
- Regularly works collaboratively with colleagues to continuously improve the client / colleague experience
- Consistently and effectively utilizing the resources of the firm to achieve its long term strategic and operational expectations
- Regular, enthusiastic exploration and presentation of new ways to improve effectiveness and enhance the value of the firm