We know that when we invest in our communities, we receive far more than we give.
In the same way that we value the deep and lasting partnerships we have with our clients, we place a strong value on being partners in our communities. The commitments we make to the communities in which we live and work are investments in the future.
As part of our commitment to provide integrated wealth management services for our clients and their families, the founders of Carlson Capital Management established the American Center for Philanthropy (ACP) in 2002. ACP is a non-profit organization that supports donors and their dedication to making meaningful and effective charitable contributions. Since its inception, donors of the American Center for Philanthropy have made contributions to public charities exceeding $30.6 million.
Recognizing the natural connection between giving of one’s time and one’s treasure, two of the principals of Carlson Capital Management founded 5th Bridge in 2006. 5th Bridge grew quickly and has since merged with the Northfield Area Foundation to form Northfield Shares. The mission of Northfield Shares is to sustain and transform the Northfield community by advancing philanthropy, inspiring volunteerism and promoting collaborative leadership.
Since 2009, CCM has embraced an approach to holiday giving that honors the values and priorities of our firm, as well as our clients. Our annual contribution of $10,000 honors our clients’ gifts of their own time and resources. Clients are invited to participate by sending in the name of an organization where they contribute their time or dollars. The names of ten organizations are drawn, each receiving $1,000, based on those nominations. We have been delighted by the strong, enthusiastic support for these gifts to honor our clients’ community commitments, now totaling $120,000 in contributions.
In 2020, pained by the way in which the pandemic and social, racial and economic inequities were creating challenges across the nation and the globe, CCM created the CCM Circle of Care Charitable Initiative. The Initiative engaged all of the colleagues of Carlson Capital Management to personally contribute to and make gift recommendations to organizations of their choice with a collective voice. As a result, the founders and colleagues of the firm contributed more than $100,000 to 110 organizations.
The Northfield Jingle Bell Run/Walk was a CCM tradition for sixteen years. Colleagues and families of Carlson Capital Management joined forces to plan and implement this festive, fun, community-centered event held every December. Each year a different local non-profit recipient organization was selected to receive all proceeds from the event. Starting in 2013, the Northfield Area Family YMCA became the presenting organizer of the event, with CCM as presenting sponsor. Over its history the Northfield Jingle Bell Run/Walk raised approximately $75,000.
Members of the Carlson Capital Management team are actively involved as volunteers with more than 50 organizations (see below).
Each year the colleagues of Carlson Capital Management participate in holiday sharing and food shelf programs. Colleagues also team up to serve as volunteers for organizations chosen by colleagues.
We are actively involved with the following non-profit and civic organizations:
- All Seasons Community Services
- Berean Baptist Church
- Bethel Lutheran Church
- Boy Scouts of America, Hastings Council and Northern Star Council
- Canvas Church, Northfield
- Care Abounds in Communities
- Christ Church Lutheran
- Circle of Service, Northfield
- Community Action Center, Northfield
- Emmaus Church, Northfield
- Feed My Starving Children
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Minnesota Chapter
- First United Church of Christ, Northfield
- Friends of Africa Education
- Green Lake Lutheran Ministries
- Habitat for Humanity, Twin Cities
- Haruma Centre (Iringa, Tanzania)
- Hastings Area Rotary Club
- Hastings Family Service
- Hastings Family YMCA
- Hastings High School
- Hastings Young Life
- HealthFinders Collaborative
- Junior League of Minneapolis
- Just Food Co-op
- Kenyon Youth Center
- Let’s Go Fishing, Hastings Chapter
- Metcalf Junior High School
- Mobile Action Ministry
- Northfield Area Family YMCA
- Northfield Chorale Choir
- Northfield Promise
- Northfield Public Schools
- Northfield Rotary Club
- Northfield Sertoma
- Northfield Shares
- Our Savior’s Lutheran Church
- Paradise Center for the Arts
- Pheasants Forever
- Prairieville United Methodist Church
- Red Wing Athletic Association
- Rejoice! Church
- Ruth’s House
- St. Charles Catholic Church
- St. Croix Catholic School
- St. Dominic School and Church
- St. Olaf College
- St. Philip’s Lutheran Church
- St. Stephen Lutheran Church
- The Merlin Players
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- United Way of Hastings
- USA Climbing
- Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People (VEAP)
- Wags & Whiskers Minnesota